|Consists of||Null, Light, Dark, Luna, Space, Flame, Frost, Earth and Storm|
|Used by||All characters that appear in the series with some exceptions|
|Applications||Magic among other properties|
|Origin||The Nine Origin Beasts|
|Located||Primarily in Divixus and other heavily magic-influenced places|
The Nine Elements are the vital components of the universe and is the output of magic used by its inhabitants.
They are known as Null, Light, Dark, Luna, Space, Flame, Frost, Earth and Storm and are naturally affiliated with every being or object in the universe.
- 1 Origin
- 2 Properties
- 3 Null
- 4 Light
- 5 Dark
- 6 Luna
- 7 Space
- 8 Earth
- 9 Frost
- 10 Flame
- 11 Storm
- 12 The Elemental Kingdoms
Each one was created by the Nine Origin Beasts and had their own practical application used in the universe that they helped form.
Ever since then, the nine elements have been ingrained in the universe that they've made and help define it, along with being the origin of magic.
The elements have their own special properties and govern over a specific attribute, such as nature (Earth), vision (Light), the senses (Space), emotions (Null and Luna), and so on.
They are arranged by their own colors-- Null (gray), Light (yellow / blue), Dark (black / red), Luna (lavender / pale blue), Flame (orange / red), Frost (light / navy blue), Earth (green or brown) and Storm (yellow / purple).
The people all around Divixus and other spiritually influential planets are able to use "magic" via exerting ether (soul power) from their Life Core into control over the elements. Earth humans are capable of using "magic" but are not properly conditioned in doing so like their Divixean counterparts.
Healing is part of Light, Luna and Earth, with their origins differing slightly thanks to the element. The elements also have devastating downsides if used the wrong way. Darkness, for example, can cause muscular atrophy and rotting while alive in either the target or the user, with the other elements having such violent extremes.
The element of balance. Despite it being considered a seperate element, it is the only element whose virtues can be learned without needing a specific elemental bias - aka. easily attainable by anyone. Its greatest benefit is the ability to control techniques of all Nine Elements, given enough time and dedication for the craft.
- Advantages to other Elements: Light-Aura (blows away auras)
- Weaknesses: None
- Extreme Side-Effects: Amalgamation (Synthesis failures), loss of hearing (Sound)
The art of combining strengths. Weapon Synthesis involves becoming one with the hidden power of an item, whereas Fusion involves combining your strength with other people.
The art of controlling more elemental influences beyond the two you can be born with. Primarily used for variety as activating Pathway can allow the user to learn techniques of other elements, making them more of a threat in battle.
The manipulation of air vibrations for varying applications, such as offense or support. Also counts as a Storm technique and is practiced by the Bard archetype.
It can be boosted by other elements for differing effects, such as wide-spread healing (Light) and so on.
- Summon (Using inner powers to bring about a familiar to help you in battle or at home - also counts as an Earth technique due to Beastmancy)
- Copy (Allows the user to gradually learn their opponent's moveset or outright steal techniques. If not practiced, the copied techniques will be forgotten in time.)
- Non-Pulse (A powerful burst of ether without elemental influence. It has varying effects depending on how stable the person is.)
The element of clarity and purification. Light is primarily influenced by positive energy and manipulating light sources into tangible physical forms. It is also the element of resistance, as its skills involve defending the user from physical and mental attacks.
- Advantages to other Elements: Darkness, Luna
- Weaknesses: Darkness, Luna
- Extreme Side-Effects: Blindness (Optic Light), overflow of power (Optic Light), bodily malfunction (Healing), stolen life force (Healing)
Using positive energy to recover wounds by increasing regeneration speed. The most common form of Light magic aside from Optic Light, which is primarily offensive-based.
The art of manipulating light into beams that sear opponents. It can also be applied to objects such as holograms, and contains these techniques:
- Pedestal (Summoning a pillar of light to strike down your opponent from above)
- Divine Ray (Razing enemies with a beam of light that leaves destruction in its path)
- Purge Undead (A skill developed to destroy tenacious undead creatures. Bright yellow tendrils are fired out of the user's body and then seep into the corpse, eradicating them piece by piece. It can be manipulated to attack crowds, but requires more energy to do so. It is not effective on living creatures or Nachzehrer undead due to their advanced strength and their Life Core protecting them.)
The act of enveloping the user in a thick, visible aura that can protect them from attacks. Primarily used by Light innates but can also be utilized by thanks to Aura Crystals. Aura-users can also determine the amount of strength a person has, including how much time someone has left before they die.
The art of defending the user from outside control, such as possession, mind control, Dead Man's Dance and so on.
The art of purging corruption from a user's body. It can also be used to remove curses from yourself or others.
Soon to be documented
The element of negative magic, shadows and foul play. However, Dark, despite its intimidating nature, is no more evil as an element than the others and how it is used depends on the alignment of the user.
- Advantages to other Elements: Light, Luna, Space
- Weaknesses: Light, Earth, Flame
- Extreme Side-Effects: Muscular atrophy, curses, attracting demons, turning into a Vampire (Crimson Fine)
The art of creating shadowy rifts in space to absorb damage or for rituals. It is slightly dangerous as there's a very rare chance that a rift opened can bring forth a demon from the depths of Hell - if said demon tries to break through, it must be beaten back into the abyss.
An advanced form of Void magic is the Apocalyte technique Punctura, which allows high-level Apocalytes to break into the mortal realm freely.
The ability to turn invisible to the naked eye. The user can be detected by individuals stronger than the opponent, Aura-users and so on, however.
Crimson Fine / Vein
The act of stealing blood to gain power. A dangerous technique that, if used too often, can risk the user becoming a Vampire.
Crimson Vein is manipulating the blood itself either from the user's own spilled blood or inside their opponents' bodies.
Spiral / Presence
The ability to detect the world with ether instead of vision. Presence was developed as a way to rely on other senses, and variations of it exist in other techniques. It can also be a way for mortal beings to sense the existence of spirits.
Spiral can also serve as a more combat oriented version of Presence as it involves detecting an enemy's weak point. It requires honed senses and experience.
The act of raising the dead by controlling them. Necromancy is dangerous, but the people of Shadre practice it for the sake of science. If the user is not a licensed necromancer, then they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law - depending on where they live.
The blood of a Nachzehrer has a similar effect to necromancy, although it creates a creature much worse than a regular zombie.
The art of manipulating shadows. A basic form of Dark magic practiced by many people, it is easy to learn but difficult to master regarding more complex shapes.
- Soul Eater (Ripping out your opponent's Life Core, or a part of it, to absorb their powers and life force. A forbidden technique that few people know)
- Clone (An advanced technique that involves using dark powers to create a replication of other people or even themselves - the way it is performed varies through the user and is often influenced by the Storm-based speed technique, Wind Slicer.)
- Shadow Wing (Using the power of darkness to form wings and perform flight - variations of this exist for all elements)
- Crimson Vein (Manipulating blood itself as an offensive force.)
The element of emotions, deception and mercy.
- Advantages to other Elements: Light, Dark, Space-Psionics, Storm
- Weaknesses: Light, Dark, Space
- Extreme Side-Effects: Insanity (Berserk), being unable to come back together (Limb Liberation), unable to stop regenerating (Restoration), getting trapped in a mirror world (Mirror), loss of senses (Phantasm)
The Lunar equivalent of Light's Healing. Functionally they are similar in that they both speed up regeneration to recover wounds, but Restoration is more for removing debuffs such as poison, curses and so on.
The ability to reflect attacks with a special barrier along with summoning crystalline shards to slice at the opponent. Despite the blistering potential of reflected attacks, the barrier can be pierced by Spiral Dark and Earth Breaker attacks.
The user goes into a frenzy with their strength increased drastically, but lose their senses and instead rely on instinct. A dangerous skill that should only be used with the right preparation.
The act of creating realistic illusions that can distort the opponent's senses. Illusions can be pierced if the opponent has honed senses, if they possess the Light Clarity technique or by outclassing the user in power.
This technique is especially effective against psychic users as they are more vulnerable to their senses being attacked.
The ability to make the strokes of a brush into reality. The sentience of anything created with Muse Arts varies depending on how much energy is put into it and by how defined its purpose is.
Dead Man's Dance / Limb Liberation
A hidden technique where the user can control their target of choice via invisible puppeteer strings. Limb Liberation is the second part of this ability as it involves the user splitting themselves into pieces and controlling the parts individually via invisible Ether strings.
Soon to be documented
The element of the senses and chaos. It has to do with perception and shifting the tide of battle at the right time.
- Advantages to other Elements: Luna, Earth, Fire, Storm
- Weaknesses: Earth, Luna, Dark
- Extreme Side-Effects: Being frozen in time (Time), loss of senses (very rare), losing yourself in distorted space (Space/Chaos)
The ability to manipulate the environment or the perception of an opponent.
- Warp (A unique swift movement technique that allows the user to bend space to their will, allowing them to disappear and reappear instantly. It is different than other swift movement techniques such as Vilkuma, Blitz or Fulgur due to the fact that Warp is not simply moving at lightning speed but instead escaping into distorted space. Often used in mass-produced Teleportation Crystals for quick movements across large areas.)
- Veritas (Using telekinesis to tell between truth and lies - it can be decieved by people that are incredibly good at masking their emotions.)
The ability to control the flow of time. Arguably the most difficult of any virtue to learn, as misuse of it can wind up punishing. A skilled user of Time magic can rewind to recover injuries, revert their opponent to a helpless state, stop their opponent in place or age their opponent to dust.
However, opponents that outclass the user in magical strength have been known to ignore the effects of the Time magic.
The manipulation of Ether to perform psionic abilities. Generally speaking, a "psychic" generally refers to a person with above-average Ether control of any secondary element who also possesses greater power at the risk of less control.
Along with their enhanced abilities, they have a form of telekinesis used for sensing emotions. They are vulnerable to the illusions of the Luna element.
A more extreme version of Zone Control, generally considered a Dark elemental technique, that allows the user to manipulate reality itself and break the normal rules of nature, such as making it rain animals or change the properties of certain objects. It is different than illusions in that it is not a trick but actual physical changes to the environment.
When a Chaos user is defeated, killed or lose their control of the reality warping, the area returns to normal along with the effects they have created.
Soon to be documented
The element of fertility, nature and growth. Earth is primarily based around controlling nature, beasts and the nigh-infinite source of Mana that lies within the environment.
It comes in two flavors: Nature and Stone. Flames can burn through grass whereas stones and dirt can be washed (Frost) or blown away (Storm).
- Advantages to other Elements: Storm, Flame, Dark, Space
- Weaknesses: Flame (Nature), Frost (Stone), Storm, poison (Nature), Space,
- Extreme Side-Effects: Poisoning, weakened defenses, draining the land of energy, etc.
Breaker / Fortify
The act of using raw Earth power to break through enemy defenses. Fortify is the opposite as it involves strengthening your own defense to block against enemy attacks - Fortify is also the origin of all high defense abilities such as Endas, Rustung and so on.
The art of forming bonds with creatures of all types. The bond with wild creatures are temporary but with a trusted pet or two, the bond stays until either the humanoid or the pets die. As a benefit, the pets share the power of the owner the more time passes.
The Earth equivalent of Healing and Restoration. Functionally it is the same as Healing and Restorative aside from a steady automatic regeneration effect - as opposed to the other two that are instant healing.
Allows the user to bend the Mana of environments to their will - it also allows them to transform certain objects into metals and vice-versa. Essentially a less volatile, more practical version of Chaos but comes with a requirement of equivalent exchange.
Soon to be documented
The element of flexibility and control over the cold. It details the control of both Ice and Water - while it and its opposite, Flame, seem relatively simple on the surface, they involve the most extreme of temperatures.
- Advantages to other Elements: Flame, Earth (Stone), Storm (Wind)
- Weaknesses: Flame (Ice), Storm (Water)
- Extreme Side-Effects: Frostbite, being overloaded with water
The ability to breathe infinitely underwater and control currents.
The ability to freely control water, turn it into ice and vice-versa. It overlaps with the Crimson Vein Dark technique involving blood as it is also a liquid. It can be resisted however, thanks to the opponent's ether protecting their body.
Due to this technique, a skilled user can survive even the most bitter of cold.
A support ability that boosts strength depending on the phases of the moon. While situational at best, Tide Shift gave rise to other similar techniques that boost abilities based on times of day, such as the Nachzehrer Gespenst ability.
Soon to be documented
The element of strength, passion and heat. Flame, much like Frost, is an element dealing with extreme temperatures. It and Earth are also tied for displays of sheer strength techniques among the elements, as they contain the most power-heavy techniques out of the elements.
- Advantages to other Elements: Earth (Nature), Frost (Ice), Dark
- Weaknesses: Frost (Water), Earth (Stone), Storm (Wind), Space
- Extreme Side-Effects: Being burned alive, being melted, getting turned into a wild Basalta, being blown into bits
The ability to summon, control or extinguish fire out of thin air. While simple, the effectiveness depends on the user. It is also required that the user is careful not to harm themselves or others with fire they create as it requires discipline.
The strength of the fire is signified by the color it takes -
- Red/Orange - Common users of the Flame element
- Blue - Skilled users of the Flame element
- Purple - Fires infused with Dark magic
- Green - Fire infused with Earth magic - generally a form of Curative
The ability to touch super-heated objects and sources such as lava without harming the user. However, if used for too long, the user is at risk of turning into a potentially wild or berserk Basalta - a fire monster capable of shifting into human form.
The ability to bend lava and magma currents to the user's will. Combined with Infinite Degree and Alchemy, Eruption can be used to refine metal and purify them for the sake of metallurgy.
Soon to be documented
The element of freedom, speed and divine punishment. Storm represents both Wind and Electricity - users of Storm magic tend to be fast and strong but fragile.
- Advantages to other Elements: Frost (Water), Earth, Flame
- Weaknesses: Earth, Luna, Frost, Space
- Extreme Side-Effects: Drained energy, electrocution, getting chopped up by concentrated wind, loss of oxygen, etc.
The act of using innate electrical power to serve as a power source and manipulate electrical currents.
The act of using the power of the wind to induce flight. The ability to keep flight varies on the user and the environment, however.
Using the power of the wind to move incredibly fast - It is the origin of all quick-movement techniques such as Blitz, Fulgur, etc.
Soon to be documented
The Elemental Kingdoms
Situated on the eastern side of Divixus lies the nine kingdoms, who are defined by their association with the Nine elements. They consist of:
- Librata: The Kingdom of Balance that serves as Null and Space's representative. It is squarely rooted in the far right of the other kingdoms and is the largest country, with it being defined as an international hub of commerce and immigration. It has many landmarks such as the Nexus Basilica (the headquarters of the United Lunardream Church), the Twilit Citadel (the home of the Abyss Knights), and so on.
- Soleria: The Kingdom of Light
- Shadre: The Kingdom of Darkness
- Lunera: The Kingdom of the Moon
- Terrantia: The Kingdom of Earth, and a land of beautiful meadows mixed with picturesque cities, strict laws and the home of the Fairy and Armino bull humanoids.
- Ventureni: The Kingdom of the Winds
- Ignell: The Kingdom of Flame
- Glacientyr: The Kingdom of Frost